Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Juanitos Here We Come!!!





MIMI





































Hi everyone!  My scalp is still intact with no brains oozing out and my head is a healin.  My headaches are off and on every couple of days, which is no big deal.  My face still a tingling, but that thats ok it means I am still kicken.  We finally got our arrangements for Texas and my play dates are July 19 to Aug 2.  We are going to hang out at Juanitos in Pearland at 3412 Broadway St, Pearland TX , on July 23- Wed  at 6:00-8:30. Would love to see anybody that can swing by for queso, margaritas and toast to freeing Willy. Feel free to have dinner as well we have their back room reserved to hang and bring the kiddos.   I am so blessed to be so prayed over and cared about and I would love to hug each and everyone of you.  So far Art is planning on being there unless something major turns up for work. This last Sat. Art surprised me, Mason and Mimi and drove us to Santa Barbara for the day.  Maddie is on a train trip with her Freed Grandparents to the Grand Canyon.  We hear they are having a blast and she got a little overwhelmed when she saw the canyon.  I can only imagine being so small and seeing something so vast and amazing.  We had a great time in SB with the temperature being about 20 degrees cooler.  We had lunch on the pier, walked through an art show, saw this amazing tribute to the war on the beach supporting ending the war, and had dinner.  The war display had 3000 crosses on the beach with each soldier's name that had lost their life and the actual count is in the 4000's.  It was a very touching moment for all of us and my heart went out to all the families of the lost ones.  Tearing up happened and I wished the war would end realizing myself again how lucky and grateful I am to be alive.  We also walked around downtown and enjoyed the beautiful day.   It was a perfect day and we made a pact to try and experience life to the fullest.  Be in the moment, have a great week and be sure to smile a lot cause I am!!  Love Dara

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey dara,
I am so glad you are feeling so much better, I am going to really try to make it for your favorite Mexican food, can't promise anything though, but I am trying!!Can't wait to see you again!!

Love,
Charly

Anonymous said...

Dara, Dara,
O my goodness. I have been following your incredible "documentary" from the very start. ...I stand amazed at your courage, your humor, and your continual positive outlook. Four words - "keep those dukes up!!" On a side note, I have to tell you that every time I see pictures of you on here I just have to laugh. You bring to light many forgotten, but oh so fond and funny memories! Remember the Abilene Chrisian University visit? I can tell from your blog and pics that you are still as fun, crazy and loving as you ever were. You have a beautiful family - immediate and extended. Keep up the good fight!! Prayers abound from Dallas, Tx.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey love bug,
What great pictures! You all look wonderful!!!! I cannot wait to see you in July!!! I am pretty sure that Abiliene trip was the one that I was on also,and Julie C. is right you have always had such a great out look on life,and we always have fun. Berto xxx is sooo cute!!!!
I Love You, Michelle F.

Anonymous said...

Dara I am so glad that you are feeling better. I have been praying and thinking of you on a regular basis. I can not wait to see you!!! Until then, take care!

Love
Deana

Anonymous said...

DARA... I can't wait for you to be in Pearland and hug your sweet neck for myself. We love you so much and seeing you will be fantastic!
K.K.

Anonymous said...

Juanitos queso $5.50
margaritas $6.00
#6 dinner $6.95
seeing Dara PRICELESS!
I know I'm cheesey! (get it... cheesey AKA queso)
love, love, love you
jules

Kay said...

Dara~
Glad you are doing so well! We just returned from getting Addi at Kanakuk and I had to check your blog - I was getting worried since you hadn't posted in a while before we left (but I haven't had a chance to keep mine up either!)! I think I need to hear this ACU story since I graduated from there!!! Wish I was going to be in Houston when you are so we could me in person! I will actually be returning from Baltimore then for a check-up from my T3 surgery!
Talk to you soon - we need to exchange phone numbers so we can really talk!! Wait, I bet you can get mine from your MIL....call me sometime!
K

Anonymous said...

Hi Dara. We have been praying for you daily and are so glad you are feeling better.
I have lots to tell you and some funny stories I have thought about but I don't think I am ready to go public with them. (trust me- you won't ever be either!)

Dara singing to Grease ... $50 (you always wanted to be Sandra)
Dara convincing her Mom to take us to the mall instead of dance...$250 (thank you by the way)
Dara getting off the bus to work at the pro shop... $400 (what was Bill thinkin'?)
Typing "Dara Freed" into google and choosing a website to get an update!!! PRICELESS

Love ya!
Cortlo

Courtney Martin said...

Hi Dara. We have been praying for you daily and are so glad you are feeling better.
I have lots to tell you and some funny stories I have thought about but I don't think I am ready to go public with them. (trust me- you won't ever be either!)

Dara singing to Grease ... $50 (you always wanted to be Sandra)
Dara convincing her Mom to take us to the mall instead of dance...$250 (thank you by the way)
Dara getting off the bus to work at the pro shop... $400 (what was Bill thinkin'?)
Typing "Dara Freed" into google and choosing a website to get an update!!! PRICELESS

Love ya!
Cortlo

Unknown said...

Hey Dara,

We are counting down the days until we leave for Pearland!!!! I have your number, I will email you mine. We are so excited!!! Can't wait to see you!!! Have everything FINALLY squared away.

Love,
Charly